Share this news:
Langkawi, a natural paradise off Malaysia’s northern coast. It brings to mind jade-green seas, tropical rainforests – and tourism. But can the island prove its worth as an incentive destination too? Pro Sky put it to the test with selected event managers.
Sun, sea and sand are all very nice, but perhaps a tad boring? Whoever thinks that obviously doesn’t know Langkawi, because this group of islands has more to offer. Selected event managers experienced this first-hand with Pro Sky, Qatar Airways and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. The destination in the Andaman Sea showed off its potential for excitement on a unique information trip. And not just the destination; the journey itself was also a highlight thanks to Airbus A350 XWB and the “silent airport”.
A whole new experience of space and comfort on the Airbus A350 XWB
Get on the plane and experience a sense of wellbeing: Business Class on Qatar Airways’ Airbus A350 XWB really sets the bar. The passengers on the return flight from Doha to Frankfurt could witness this first-hand. Some valuable benefits came to the fore, especially compared to other long-distance aircraft:
- More space and therefore greater comfort
- Reduced background noise
- Special lighting
- Fresher air under lower pressure
- Reduced jetlag effect
Qatar Airways, the 2015 winner of the Skytrax Award for best airline, is so far the only airline offering the A350 XWB. The aircraft currently flies twice a day from Frankfurt and Munich to Doha and to Singapore three times a day.
Silent airport in Doha sets new standards
“Changeovers can actually be pleasant” was the enthusiastic claim of some passengers in Doha. What happened there? Strictly speaking not much, but just what made the difference. The airport opened in 2004 and focused on an entirely new concept: the silent airport. The number of intercom announcements was reduced, thereby deliberately keeping the noise level low.
Tip: If you want even more relaxation, the luxurious Al Mourjan Lounge is just the place. Qatar Airways’ Business Class Lounge offers all the amenities to make changeovers especially comfortable. The participants of the information trip were pleased too.
Four Seasons Resort Langkawi: at one with nature
The event managers experienced pure luxury beyond just the trip, with comfort of the highest level on offer in Langkawi too. The Four Seasons Resort Langkawi really put exclusive hospitality into practice. In particular, its location right in South East Asia’s only geopark wowed the guests. Ikan-Ikan, winner of multiple awards as Malaysia’s best restaurant, was the culinary highlight.
Our tips for your local programme:
- Geo Spa: The healing powers of Langkawi’s UNESCO geopark meet tailor-made wellness treatments at the Four Seasons spa.
- Mangrove safari: The mangroves provide a unique natural spectacle that awaits you upon a boat tour right to the heart of the geopark’s nature reserve. From the water you gain a direct insight into the world’s most important ecosystem and can also observe exotic creatures up close.
- Watersports: Be it for jet skiing, wind surfing or kayaking, the Andaman Sea offers the perfect setting for all kinds of water sports. On land too the sport activities include beach volleyball, fishing or cycling tours.
- Langkawi Sky Bridge: Nearly 700 metres high, the curving pedestrian cable-stayed bridge forms a spectacular panorama point. The 125 metre long Sky Bridge can be easily reached by cable car.
- Golf: Langkawi is also a top destination for golfers. You can improve your handicap against breathtaking backdrops at The Els Club or the Gunung Raya Golf Course.
The varied framework programme was well received by participants. “The balance between action and relaxation was just right”, said Nadine Kolloff from Lückertz Incentives. “The fact that we got on really well as a group certainly contributed too.” What else could you want from an information trip?